Glass-Filled Polycarbonate Sheet
Glass-reinforced polycarbonate is used in many industrial applications where metals, particularly die-cast aluminum and zinc, are commonly used. The addition of glass fibers to polycarbonate in various amounts (10%, 20%, 30% and 40%) increases tensile strength, stiffness, compressive strength, and lower the thermal expansion coefficient. The greater the amount of glass fiber added to the polycarbonate, the greater the effect on each property will be. Custom cuts and cut-to-size available. Have machined into fabricated parts. Stocked materials typically ship in 2-5 business days.
|1mm||1220mmX2440mm||Natural, black||20% Glass-Filled|
|2mm||1220mmX2440mm||Natural, black||20% Glass-Filled|
|5mm||1220mmX2440mm||Natural, black||20% Glass-Filled|
|10mm||1220mmX2440mm||Natural, black||20% Glass-Filled|
|20mm||1220mmX2440mm||Natural, black||20% Glass-Filled|
|50mm||1220mmX2440mm||Natural, black||20% Glass-Filled|
|Specific gravity (73°F)||D792||1.2|
|Light transmittance (transparency/clarity)||%||D1003||86|
|Heat deflection temperature @ 264 psi||°F||D648||270|
|Izod impact (notched)||ft-lbs/in of notch||D256||12.0 – 16.0|
|Maximum continuous service temperature in air||°F||240|
|Water absorption (immersion 24 hours)||%||D570||0.15|
|Coefficient of linear thermal expansion||in/in/°Fx10-5||D696||3.8|
why KUSLA Plastic Glass-Filled Polycarbonate Sheet
- Enhanced Strength: Glass-filled polycarbonate sheets offer exceptional strength and impact resistance.
- Lightweight: They provide strength without adding excessive weight.
- Improved Stiffness: Glass fibers enhance the sheets’ stiffness for better structural integrity.
- Dimensional Stability: They maintain their shape and size under different conditions.
- Chemical Resistance: Suitable for applications exposed to harsh chemicals.
- UV Protection: Formulated with UV inhibitors to prevent yellowing and degradation.
- Wide Temperature Range: Can withstand extreme temperatures without compromising performance.
- Versatility: Ideal for various industries and applications.
- Electrical Insulation: Excellent electrical insulating properties.
- Design Flexibility: Can be easily molded and fabricated to meet specific requirements.
- Transparency: Offers clear visibility and light transmission.
- Cost-Effective: Provides value and savings compared to other materials.
- Longevity: Durable and long-lasting performance.
- Fire Resistance: Can be manufactured with flame-retardant additives.
- Sustainable Option: Recyclable and contributes to environmental sustainability.
FAQs about Glass-Filled Polycarbonate Sheet
Other Polycarbonate Material
Polycarbonate Film Polycarbonate film usually with a thickness ≤0.25mm. It is a non-toxic, highly transparent colorless plastic film with excellent mechanical properties. types of Polycarbonate Film General-purpose Polycarbonate film General-purpose film has high strength, high toughness and wear resistance characteristics, mainly used in the production of auto parts, electronic device shell, building materials, aerospace materials…
Clear Polycarbonate Rod The polycarbonate rod is a high-quality rod made primarily of polycarbonate using co-extrusion technology. Due to a layer of high-concentration UV absorber on its surface, it not only has UV-resistant characteristics but can also maintain long-term weather resistance without fading. Polycarbonate rods can be connected using special glue, effectively preventing leaks. Clear…
Polycarbonate Sheet Our clear polycarbonate sheets have good transparency plus shatter resistance and high strength. They are great alternative to glass and other clear plastics. We offer high-quality polycarbonate sheets with different thickneses, colors, and sizes. Types of Polycarbonate Sheet sellable Standard Polycarbonate Sheet Size: At Kusla, we offer Polycarbonate sheet as following sheet sizes…
clear Round & Square Polycarbonate Tube Polycarbonate tubes are clear extruded tubes delivering brilliant quality, superior performance, and durability. they refers to an elongated, hollow, and strong component engineered from polycarbonate thermoplastic material with space inside. It is widely used in different applications revolving around holding or transporting different substances, especially liquids and gases. Round Polycarbonate…