Plastic Bending Service
Our Plastic Bending capability
Acrylic bending is commonly used in industries like signage, retail, and architecture to create custom components and designs. When you heat acrylic to 160 degrees Celsius, it becomes soft and bends easily, Acrylic’s transparency and flexibility when heated make it ideal for various applications, from curved signs to unique retail displays, providing versatility and precision in design.
Polycarbonate sheets can be bent or deformed by both hot and cold plastic bending method. Polycarbonate’s exceptional impact resistance and transparency make it suitable for applications demanding durability and clarity. This process finds use in industries like automotive, construction, and signage, producing curved or protective components..
Plastic bending Specification
|Specification||Acrylic Bending||Polycarbonate Bending|
|Maximum Part Size||1000mmX1000mm||1000mmX1000mm|
|Maximum Wall Thickness||Up to 0.5 inches (12.7 mm)||Up to 0.3 inches (7.62 mm)|
|Tolerance||+/- 0.04 inches (1 mm)||+/- 0.04 inches (1mm)|
|Lead Time||1 to 3 days||1 to 3days|
Plastic Bending Materials
What is plastic bending?
Plastic bending is a fabrication process used to reshape or incorporating angles into rigid thermoplastic materials sheets, tubing and rods, in which the local or entire material is heated and formed into a specific shape or geometry. it is a nonlinear behavior particular to members made of ductile materials such as acrylic, polycarbonate, and PVC. This technique is widely used in various industries, including signage, automotive, retail, and more, to create custom components, displays, protective covers, and a wide range of other products.
Benefits of plastic bending
- Affordable Solution: Plastic bending provides a budget-friendly method to shape plastic materials.
- Material Integrity: It minimally impacts material composition, ensuring durability.
- Cost and Time Efficiency: This process is both cost-effective and time-efficient, saving resources.
- Minimal Tooling: With low tooling requirements, it reduces setup costs and complexity.
- Precision and Uniformity: Plastic bending offers precision, guaranteeing consistent results.
- Versatility: It works seamlessly with a wide range of plastic types, increasing flexibility.
- Post-Printing Benefit: Bending can be performed after printing, contributing to cost-effective printing practices.